Friday, January 19, 2018

My BeachBody Journey 

Cat's out of the bag, I officially signed up as a BeachBody coach last night. Don't worry, I don't intend on pushing people to buy the products or to sign up as well. Something I've quickly learned and liked about BeachBody is that it is fairly low pressure and the products really sell themselves. I'm not someone who enjoys putting myself out there for people to judge but I realized that's probably going to happen no matter what I do so I would rather pursue something that is positive and that I believe in. 

My journey started in November when I joined a two week free trial group. I had been dieting for about a month before that but exercise was not part of the equation and I had pretty much stalled in my weight loss and still didn't have much muscle tone. I tried Country Heat, Shift Shop and 21 Day Fix and I immediately became hooked. I personally thrive using the at home workouts because I don't have to think or keep myself motivated. I just have to press play and do my best. I'm always sore and I constantly switch up which program I'm on so that my body doesn't get used to it. They also remove all my excuses because I don't have to find time to go to the gym when I have two young kids at home. I'm also part of an accountability group full of positive and encouraging people which is another key component to making sure I stay on track. I've always had the mentality of "if no one else is making excuses, I can't either." 

I could seriously go on and on about the parts of BeachBody that I love but I will just leave you with a few ways that it's changed my life for now.

1) I went from being ashamed of my body and feeling invisible to having absolute confidence in myself and feeling strong. Worthless to worth it. This has impacted how I approach a lot of my relationships and has made my interactions a lot more positive. 

2) I have energy to play with my kids. I have a very active 3 year old and 1 year old and I finally feel like I can somewhat keep up with them. I also know that I am setting a great example for my girls as my 3 year old is very aware of what I am doing and tells me "good job!" after every workout.

3) As someone who suffers with depression and anxiety, working out has led to a huge decrease in my symptoms as well as given me an outlet when I am feeling overwhelmed.

I'm excited to see where this journey will take me and to keep working the programs myself and pushing past all of my excuses. Life is way too dang short to not make the most of it!



No comments:

Post a Comment